February is all about micro goals. This is the complete opposite of how I normally operate, which is to get really excited setting big goals for myself, plan it all out, then not follow through because [insert a million excuses here].
Inspired by several commenters from my Fitness Check-in post, I am going to use February as a baseline for tiny habits that are all about taking care of myself, so I can take care of all the people and stuff in my life. I even found an email accountability buddy! You guys are awesome.
Here are my micro goals for February. I’m tracking them on the Coach.me app (formerly Lift) if you want to cheer me on! (I really don’t need another app in my life, but the reminders work well for my Obliger nature.
- Go to bed by 10:30 every night. (Yes, sigh… even weekends. The kids wake up just as early and I’m extra cranky if I’m tired.)
- Exercise for 10 minutes a day.
- Meditate/pray/journal for 5 minutes a day.
- Pay a compliment to my husband every day.
- Hug every family member every day.
I love setting goals, but sometimes I feel like constantly striving for self-improvement makes me lose sight of the good things I have already accomplished. I decided I should try listing out some of the healthy habits that I have already established, and you know what? Not too shabby. Not too shabby, indeed.
- I take vitamins every day.
- I wear sunscreen on my face every day.
- I drink a lot of water.
- I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables.
- I read bedtime stories to my kids every night.
It’s the little things, right? What micro-habits do you practice that make your life great?