It’s time for Humpday Confessions — birthday edition!
- I share my birthday with a co-worker (the exact same day) and I confess: It kind of sucks. Shouldn’t I get my very own day? Luckily he’s an uber health nut who doesn’t eat cake, so I always get to pick what dessert we have to celebrate. (Carrot cake. The answer is always carrot cake! Although Stephanie almost has me convinced to switch over to strawberry desserts.)
- Speaking of Ryan Gosling… I confess: I might have a slight obsession with making Hey Girl jokes out of silly baby pictures.
- Josiah insisted on wearing cowboy boots to play in the snow last weekend. I totally let him because it looked so funny. Here’s my little hick in training.
- I confess: I have more St. Patrick’s Day decorations (and hats and beads) in my office than any other kind of holiday stuff, even Christmas! I don’t have a drop of Irish blood but it’s just so fun.
(That shillelagh looks suspiciously like a hatchet. Watch yourself if you try to steal his gold!)
- I just got emojis on my phone and I am a little out of control with them. Yeah, yeah… I realize I’m just a bit behind the times.
- I’m writing this the night before it posts, and Josiah is supposed to be asleep but he’s just roaming the halls upstairs. I should probably go see what he’s doing, but I don’t really feel like it.
- And one last confession… I’m turning 35 and that sounds pretty darn old to me. I don’t feel old, but geez… 35? Shouldn’t I feel like a grown-up by now? Feel like I know what I’m doing half the time? Not be wearing a green bedazzled fez during the workday?
How old do you feel like you are? And what’s the funniest hat that you own?