Today I’m linking up with my hilarious, irreverent blog-friend Kathy at Vodka & Soda (warning – NSFW language) for Humpday Confessions.
1. Remember that awesome weekly meal plan I posted on Sunday? Yeah… it’s Wednesday and I haven’t even been to the grocery store for the week. At this point it’s a challenge to see if we can make it until next week without going to the store. Needless to say, all those great recipes will have to wait.
2. Clearly I was having far too much fun last weekend to do any actual work around the house (see above — no grocery shopping) because there’s also a bit of a laundry situation in my house. I figure as long as I’m the only one having to root through the laundry for clothes that are “clean enough”, then it’s not really a problem. (Right?)
3. I love my kids, but man-oh-man could I use a full night’s sleep. It’s amazing how much sleep impacts everything else in your life.
4. I was talking with some friends recently about work schedules, etc. and I got really jealous of one of them who works three days a week. I’m working 4 days a week right now, and I feel like I never get anything done at work because I’m not in the office enough and nothing done at home because I’m not home enough. It’s every working mother’s dilemma, I suppose. My job just doesn’t lend itself to part-time work very well. Sigh…
5. On a similar note, I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. I’m 34 years old and I’m not sure I can picture myself doing the same job until I’m 65 or so. There’s a lot I like about my job, but dang… that sounds like a LONG 30 years.
6. I’d like to complain about my pregnancy pooch still hanging around, but my confession is that I’ve been inhaling every Christmas cookie and candy in a 30 mile radius, so that pooch may not be entirely the fault of having been pregnant recently.
What are your confessions on this lovely humpday?