Okay, after about a million people tagged me with this meme on facebook, I am finally giving in. Here goes!
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. I am terrible at making mixed drinks. It's one of those things I'm really glad my husband can do well.
2. I've had 3 pets in my life: Lucy, Hermie, and Superman. Can you guess which one was not a hermit crab?
3. I wish I had taken some business classes in college. A bit more physics/science/engineering wouldn't have hurt, either. Despite my decidedly anti-math college courseload, my co-workers seem to think I am a "quick study" when it comes to these things. I'm really just a good faker.
4. I wish I was taller – about 6 feet would do the trick.
5. American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance are my guilty pleasures.
6. I never expected to be a pastor's wife.
7. I almost never knit the same thing twice.
8. Sometimes I fantasize about being a stay at home mom – of course, that would require kids and I'm sure I'm overly romanticizing it in my mind. What – no bon-bon break at 3pm? (just kidding… put your mom-claws away please.)
9. I love to cook and make things the old-fashioned way. It makes me feel very connected to my grandmothers.
10. My favorite TV show is 30 Rock.
11. My favorite podcast is RadioLab.
12. I love being a part of a CSA (community supported agriculture), but I am a bit challenged by all the turnips.
13. I am making a quilt for a king-sized bed. Sometimes I am a little bit crazy.
14. I have competed in 2 sprint triathlons, 5 half-marathons, and countless 5Ks and high school track and cross-country meets.
15. At one point I held 3 track records at my high school. They posted the record-holders names on the wall in the gym – it was pretty cool.
16. I think my favorite food in the whole world is tortilla chips. I think it may be genetic.
17. I get absurdly excited about meeting "blog friends" in real life. I am going to visit Kelli next month and it's going to be so much fun!
18. I've been blogging off and on since 2003. Back then it was a law student blog that no one read. Most of it is pointless crap but it's the only journal I've ever kept and I really like going back and reading what I was doing back then.
19. If I could live anywhere in the US, it would probably be Colorado. If I could live anywhere in the world, I would live in Barcelona.
20. I am a terrible housekeeper – but I think I'm still better than my sister.
21. I once worked in an anthropology museum warehouse that contained a genuine shrunken head. (At least half the department faculty thought so, at least. I just wrote numbers on plastic bags of arrowheads.)
22. I still don't really know why I became a lawyer. It really doesn't fit with my personality at all.
23. I don't have any tattoos. Whenever people try to tell me I would like to have one, I tell them that I don't even put bumper stickers on my car.
24. I kinda wish I still played the clarinet. I was pretty good.
25. I love polka dots.