So… my baby’s turning ONE next weekend. How in the heck did that happen? While I’m over here pondering the existential nature of time and my place in the universe, do you guys mind planning a birthday party for me? I seriously lack the party planning gene. We’ve got both sets of grandparents coming in as well as 1-3 aunts/uncles and 2-5 cousins (all 7 and under). Here’s what I think I need:
- Cake (big brother says Sam wants a blueberry cake)
- Decorations (I have a leftover “Happy birthday” banner from J’s party, some paper lanterns, and a fabric scrap garland — that’s festive, right?)
- Lunch (preferably something easy to make for a crowd)
- Birthday activity – I’m thinking I may just gather up all our outdoor toys and let the bigger kids loose outdoors… or maybe go to the pool?
- Something else? What am I forgetting? (oh yeah… we’re also baptizing Sam this weekend. He probably needs something to wear other than his standard Carter’s romper. Argh.)
Have you hosted a party recently where you fed a crowd some delicious food? Do you make a killer blueberry cake? Hit me up with recipes, party planning ideas, etc. (I refuse to look at Pinterest at this point — it will give me a panic attack.)