Here's what I know:
1. I want to knit the New Ancestral Christmas Stocking from Mason-Dixon Knitting.
2. I cannot leave well enough alone and just knit a pattern as written.
3. Knitting the top part of the stocking flat, and doing the argyle section in intarsia instead of stranded sounded like a great idea. (15-stitch floats are not my cup of tea.)
4. I have no clue how to do intarsia. Also, I have an extreme aversion to yarn tangling while I'm knitting.
5. I'm beginning to think this wasn't such a hot idea after all.
One more attempt, and then maybe I'll research a better way to deal with those long floats.